Have you heard that you can already add CBD to your skincare routine? Yes, this most talked about ingredient in the market has now entered the world of beauty and skincare as well! With this, you can see a number of products made available – serums, sunscreen, collagen cream, moisturizing cream, and even cleansers infused with CBD.
So the next question is: how can you craft a regimen that will elevate your beauty to the next level? If you are still uncertain of joining the CBD bandwagon, maybe this article can help you answer some of your queries and everything you need to know about CBD skincare.
Before we begin, what exactly is CBD?
In case you’re new to this game, CBD is short for Cannabidiol – a naturally-occurring chemical compound that can be found in Cannabis plants. It is one of the two primary ingredients of Cannabis. However, unlike its other ingredient called THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD is non-psychoactive3. Yes, you can rest your worries; this won’t make you feel high.
How can CBD help my skin?
Interestingly, on a study conducted to test the therapeutic effect of CBD-ointment administered on patients with severe skin chronic diseases, it was found out that topical treatment with CBD-enriched ointment significantly improved the skin parameters, symptoms, and also the PASI index score. In addition, no records of skin irritation or allergic reactions came after the period treatment.1
As it may help reduce the production of sebum in the skin2, studies also show that CBD may also exert complex anti-acne effects.4 In other studies, it was suggested that the anti-NET (Neutrophil Extracellular Trap) properties of CBD may have positive effect in the treatment of autoimmune diseases such as psoriasis.5
Although it requires much more research, there are a number of researches that already show the promising benefits of CBD which include its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties3.
CBD Products that you can incorporate into your Skincare Routine
If you’re familiar with skincare regimen, the usual steps would go as follows:
- Eye Cream
- SPF (morning)/face oil (evening)
Of course, procedures and products can vary depending on the time of the day. If you feel that you are ready to incorporate CBD in your skincare but you want to make the most of your money, you can check out the following products that can actually do two to three of these steps at the same time!
If you are tired of using multiple products and applying them altogether to your skin, then Complete Hemp’s Face & Eye Moisturizing Cream with CBD Full Spectrum is the answer to your worries. We have a number of customers who have shared that this has greatly helped them in reducing the appearance of age spots, wrinkles, and dark circles. This is made with organic and all natural ingredients so rest assured that this is free from animal and petroleum products, GMO, synthetic chemicals, dyes, and bleach.
In case you want to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on your skin, then maybe Complete Hemp’s Collagen Booster Serum may help you improve your skin as it has high concentration of Vitamin C (22%). Just like the rest of our products, this is organic and made from all natural ingredients. In addition, this works well to all skin types - including oily, dry, and sensitive.
Who doesn’t want to have healthy skin? With incredible products in the market to choose from, sure there are various ways to keep and radiate your healthy skin. Incorporate it with our CBD products at Complete Hemp and you’re sure to protect your skin without worrying about psychoactive effects. Energize and hydrate your skin, keep that healthy glow within you!
- B Palmieri, C Laurino, M Vadalà. A therapeutic effect of cbd-enriched ointment in inflammatory skin diseases and cutaneous scars. 2019;170(2):e93-e99.doi: 10.7417/CT.2019.2116. PMID: 30993303
- Attila Oláh, Balázs I. Tóth, István Borbíró, Koji Sugawara, Attila G. Szöllõsi, Gabriella Czifra, Balázs Pál, Lídia Ambrus, Jennifer Kloepper, Emanuela Camera, Matteo Ludovici, Mauro Picardo, Thomas Voets, Christos C. Zouboulis,7Ralf Paus, and Tamás Bíró. Cannabidiol exerts sebostatic and antiinflammatory effects on human sebocytes. 2014 Sep 2; 124(9): 3713–3724. doi: 10.1172/JCI64628 PMID: 25061872
- Sinemyiz Atalay, Iwona Jarocka-Karpowicz, Elzbieta Skrzydlewska. Antioxidative and Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Cannabidiol. 2019 Dec 25;9(1):21. doi: 10.3390/antiox9010021. PMID: 31881765
- Attila Oláh, Arnold Markovics, Judit Szabó-Papp, Pálma Tímea Szabó, Colin Stott, Christos C Zouboulis, Tamás Bíró. Differential effectiveness of selected non-psychotropic phytocannabinoids on human sebocyte functions implicates their introduction in dry/seborrhoeic skin and acne treatment. 2016 Sep;25(9):701-7. doi: 10.1111/exd.13042.PMID: 27094344
- Piotr Wójcik, Marzena Garley, Adam Wroński, Ewa Jabłońska, Elżbieta Skrzydlewska. Cannabidiol Modifies the Formation of NETs in Neutrophils of Psoriatic Patients. 2020 Sep 16;21(18):E6795. doi: 10.3390/ijms21186795. PMID: 32947961